Type of Employment: Full Time
Reports To: Service Manager or Service Department Foreman
Performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager/Shop Foreman/Senior Technicians.
- Performs basic agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment diagnostics and determines what repairs are needed, if required.
- Performs basic agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment repairs as requested by the Service Manager/Shop Foreman.
- Participates in all job-related training and development.
- Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of outdoor power equipment/agricultural equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Good skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.